Amazon Corporate LLC Applied Science- Amazon AI in New York, New York
DESCRIPTIONAmazon AI is looking for world class scientists and engineers to join its Algorithms group. This group is entrusted with developing core data mining and machine learning algorithms for AWS. At the Algorithms group at Amazon AI you will invent, implement, and deploy state of the art machine learning algorithms and systems. You will build prototypes and explore conceptually new solutions. You will interact closely with our customers and with the academic community. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS and work with other acclaimed engineers and world famous scientists.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS* PhD degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
* 3+ years of experience in the field with a proven track record
* Experience with fast prototyping
* Experience with object oriented languages and efficient low level coding
* Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
* Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong publication record at top conferences and journals
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSAs a Scientist in the Algorithms group you are expected be an expert in an area relevant for large scale machine learning and its applications.
Your position will require you to:
* Be an active member of a software development team.
* Improve and accelerate our technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping.
* Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of research.
* Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
* Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation