Capital One Services, LLC Commercial Real Estate, Underwriter III in New York, New York
Job ID: R46360NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial Real Estate, Underwriter III
Commercial Real Estate, Underwriter III-New York, New York
The Commercial Underwriter III is responsible for evaluating commercial loan applications for new loan facilities, as well as for processing loan renewals and extensions, all in accordance with business unit standards. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The incumbent will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Commercial Lending area and the line of business unit.
- Prepare property level pro forma cash flow models develop property valuations to properly size loan requests.
- Structure and underwrite routine credit facilities in a manner which achieves the Banks profitability goals while staying within the Banks risk parameter.
- Obtain appropriate market information to support the proposed loan.
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors.
- Develop familiarity with all lending policies and procedures of the Bank and the respective Line of Business.
- Prepare the written credit approval memoranda and present it at credit meetings.
- Partner with Loan Administration and outside counsel in the negotiation, review of loan documentation to ensure documents meet agreed-upon business terms and satisfy the specific requirements of the credit approval authority.
- Develop familiarity with the Bank's Dual Risk Rating system to fully understand and be able to determine proper risk ratings for loan facilities.
- Develop familiarity with various bank products that are offered and how they interface with the sales goals and objectives of the business line.
- Collaborate with a senior underwriter in developing an open dialogue and strong working relationship with Risk Management, Loan Administration, Special Assets Department, internal Credit Review and other groups that support and review the line of business.
- Develop familiarity with all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures.
- Perform site due diligence, as applicable.
- Work on special projects as necessary.
- Multi task to provide support to more than one senior underwriter as necessary.
- Mentor analyst level associates.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Underwriting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- At least 2 years of experience using Argus
- Master's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in commercial real estate banking or a related industry within commercial real estate, such as commercial real estate debt brokerage, equity investing and non-bank lending
- Experience with Office, Retail & Industrial asset classes (including construction and lending against portfolios)
- At least 5 years of experience using Argus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.