|Communications Software Engineer||New York, NY |
| || || |
|Job Type: ||-|
|Minimum Experience: ||2-5 years|
|Required Education: ||Bachelor (BA, BS...)|
|Branch: ||Staffing Solutions Group |
BHI Energy is looking for a Communication Software Engineer
- Solid understanding of UDP and TCP/IP sockets. Specifically, the candidate should have experience implementing SNMP, Modbus TCP/IP, OPC, and custom protocols.
- Familiarity with multi-threading concepts.
- Experience programming GDI/GDI+ graphical applications. Experience with WPF is a plus, but not required.
- Experience using .NET profiling tools.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management tools (preferably Serena Dimensions).
- Adheres to coding standard and best practices.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks.
- Knowledge of RF communications.
- Experience writing software design documents, software requirements specifications, test procedures, and managing requirements.
- The candidate is expected to be familiar with the entire design and development cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hardware and software related issues that may span multiple subsystems.
- Superior verbal/written communications skills for effective interfacing with non-specialist technical team members. Occasional opportunities to act as a trainer to technical field site personnel.
- 5+ years of experience required
- Design, test and commissioning of radio frequency communication systems with involvement in the complete design lifecycle.
- Compliance to emissions regulations and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards.
- 2 or more years of experience with Positive Train Control radio design.
- Required: BS in CS/CE/EE, preferred MS in IS/CS/CE
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.