Duane Reade DUANE READE CASHIER in NEW YORK, New York
DUANE READE CASHIER
Founded in 1960, Duane Reade is the largest drug store chain in the metropolitan New York City area, offering a variety of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, health and beauty care items, cosmetics, greeting cards, photo supplies, and photofinishing.
A cashier is the last point of sale so the cashier should be able to leave a lasting impression on the customer to want to come back. A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
• Greet customers entering Duane Reade location
• Process all sale transactions by receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
• Register customers for the Dollar Reward Savings Club card.
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
• Compute and record totals of transactions.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons (if applicable).
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
• Resolve customer complaints.
• Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
• Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
Auto req ID:
External Basic Qualifications:
• Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
• Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
14153-NEW YORK NY
Full Store Address:
866 3RD AVE,NEW YORK,NY,10022-6221
• Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
• Prefer to have prior work experience with Duane Reade.
866 3RD AVE,NEW YORK,NY,10022-6221-14153-S
Walgreens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.