Yeshiva University Major Gifts Officer in New York, New York
|Major Gifts Officer|
|Campus : Location||US-NY-Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St|
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) will work as part of a team of fundraisers. The MGO will focus on individual gifts, and will deal with prospects starting at $25,000 and including larger six and seven figure gifts. The MGO will be responsible for the recruitment and cultivation of new prospects, the continued cultivation of existing prospects, and the stewardship of existing donors.
- The MGO will be responsible for the pursuit and closing of major gifts ($25,000+)
- Working under the direction of the AVP for Fundraising, the MGO will develop a fundraising plan incorporating the addition of new prospects, cultivation of existing prospects, stewardship of current donors and closing of gifts.
- The MGO will be responsible for the stewardship of all prospects in his/her portfolio, making sure that all appropriate communications and reports are provided and that donor needs are met.
- The MGO will work with colleagues to create collaborative gifts, will support all IA events and use them as cultivation opportunities.
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in front line fundraising for institution of higher education or other non-profit
- Proven track record of securing substantial gifts
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding ability to work effectively in teams of diverse people and organizations.
- Experience working with a contact database and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven ability to work well with high-level prospects and donors
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, as an effective member of the IA department, in a goal oriented, team environment
- High level of personal motivation, initiative and creativity
****Please include a cover letter with your application.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.