Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP Senior Consultant in New York, New York
DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with more than 1,800 professionals in 12 states, in 32 offices, we combine deep experience with a strong commitment to personal service. We are passionate about our people and helping our clients succeed—and we do so through a resourceful approach to solving problems, providing solutions and helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Serves the needs of the client by planning, coordinating, and executing cross-functional risk management projects
- Coordinates with the Supervisor, Manager, Senior Manager, or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the project deliverables, communications with the project team, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
- Manages relationship with client-side project members to facilitate project fulfillment
- Exercises independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include dynamic problem solving, risk assessment, quality control, and data and information evaluation
- Continually evaluates project resource requirements delivery to ensure efficient resource allocation, communication, and execution.
- Promptly brings to the attention of the Supervisor, Manager, Senior Manager, Project Manager, or Partner any issues or questions that could potentially result in alterations to the project parameters, costs or deadlines
- Identifies further areas of value-add to create opportunities for future projects
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor, reflective of the company, at all times
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Executes a project plan well and assists in project development
- Engages in multiple roles within project team
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills; ability to communicate effectively
- Human relations skills to deal effectively with visitors, clients, staff, and/or co-workers in a professional manner
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Must be reliable and able to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Must be highly organized
- BA or BS in Business, Accounting, or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional level project management experience required
- Relevant certifications (CPA, PMP, CISA) preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred
- Knowledge of Database Software Systems preferred (i.e. SQL, Microsoft Access)
DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page.